The RaxList for February 26th through February 29th
29 February 2012 1,522 views No Comment
These are my links for February 26th through February 29th:
- We Watch Our Phones More Than We Watch TV, But The PC Wins The Day | TechCrunch – Earlier today we saw a significant move from MTV to launch a social mobile TV service and some research out from InMobi today underscores just why these kinds of moves are so important right now for TV companies:
- Need More YouTube Views? Try Pinterest – Independent film and entertainment studio Lionsgate holds the majority (30%) of the market share of fitness DVDs. Naturally, the company decided to create a YouTube channel comprised of athletic content. What it didn’t anticipate is how effectively Pinterest could promote its YouTube presence.
- Isle of Man social media push to engage youth – The Isle of Man government is pushing plans to use social media to engage more young people in Manx politics.
- Angelina Jolie’ing – if you need *more* leg… – That's right, she's a verb now. Strut it like Angelina, show off your right leg to the world.
- Twitter sells tweet archive to marketers – Telegraph – Twitter has partnered with Datasift, a UK company, to allow businesses access to every single tweet posted by a user going back two years.
- Does a cameraphone really need 41 megapixels? – The launch of a new cameraphone boasting 41 megapixels has caused a stir on its launch. But how many megapixels do people need?
- Man dangles from building in O2 #workanywhere PR stunt – A stunt today for O2 will see a man dangle from a wall while working at a desk in Great Eastern Street, London, to prove the phone company’s ‘work anywhere’ message.
- Planet Content » How not to engage on Facebook – This is a story of bad Facebookship and also bad blogger relations.
- The Marketer’s Guide to Pinterest – Pinterest, the darling digital pin board that’s turned the social media world upside down, is now a top traffic driver for brands. That’s a good sign marketers should get their butts up to speed on the latest pinning tips and tricks.
- The LinkedIn Follow Button: Companies, Look Who’s Following You Now – Starting today, companies will be adding this button to their websites, making it easier for any consumer on the web to begin following companies of interest, on LinkedIn.
- 26 Tips for Using Pinterest for Business – Pinterest’s ease of use for visually bookmarking, organizing and sharing things you love has made it a hit among individuals and businesses alike.
- Almost Three: A Brief History Of Foursquare Time (And A Look At Its Future) | TechCrunch – Foursquare already lets you specify events when checking in at major venues. But to meet their vision of “making cities easier to use”, they could re-invent the very foundation of their platform: the check-in. If Foursquare allows people to broadcast their plans ahead of time, there’s no reason why they can’t be what Plancast tried to become, “Foursquare for the Future“.
- Pinterest Drives Traffic For Women’s Magazines – A lengthy report over at Mashable says that image-bookmarking site Pinterest has become a significant source of referral traffic for women’s lifestyle, home decor and cooking magazines – challenging the domination of Facebook and Yahoo. Mashable
- Brilliant Newsjacking alert – The Artistifier – The Artistifier allows you to turn any YouTube video into an "award-winning" silent movie in the style the Oscar-winning film The Artist. You can even add your own captions before sending your finished black and white masterpiece via Facebook and Twitter.
- A blogger or a journalist? Debate over the power and influence of tech writers – Newsweek's Dan Lyons accuses bloggers of reinventing PR, dressing it up as journalism and playing at venture capitalism
- The State of the Twitterverse 2012 by @BrianSolis – Top Factoids You Didn’t Know About Twitter
No TweetBacks yet. (Be the first to Tweet this post)