The RaxList for February 1st through February 3rd
3 February 2012 872 views No Comment
These are my links for February 1st through February 3rd:
- 100+ Brands on Pinterest – Pinterest is emerging to be one of the hottest social networks of 2012. A recent report found that Pinterest drives more referral traffic than Google+, YouTube and LinkedIn (some analyisis by Brian Solis here).
- How To Pimp Your LinkedIn Profile –
- 8 Things You Should Know Before Building a Mobile App – App appeal is obvious. The barrier to entry? So low! The upshot of producing the next Angry Birds or beer-chug simulator? So high! Heck, with just a small investment of time and cash, it’s not hard for would-be mobile moguls to turn a concept into a steady stream of cash. And thanks to today’s app stores, it’s never been easier to try your hand at becoming the next tech tycoon.
- Social Media as Grief Counselor? | CKSyme.org – Strength in numbers. When it comes to grief, experts agree that getting support of other people is paramount. A key to understanding the grieving process is that people express it differently at different times. The Kubler-Ross stages of grief include denial, anger, bargaining, depression, and acceptance. A community of grieving people around a single person or event can be in any stage at a given time.
- Noteworthy Social Media Facts to Begin 2012 – January came and went, and so did unforgettable social media developments
- Flying people spotted in New York City PR stunt | PR Examples – To create the illusion of people flying and to promote movie ‘Chronicle‘, a movie about high school friends who gain superpowers, 20th Century Fox had three human shaped remote control planes fly around New York.
- McKinsey report: Death of the homepage? – A new report from McKinsey predicts that mobile and social will replace the homepage as the mainstay of digital communications within four years. It also suggests that digital is helping businesses to form more collaborative relationships with consumers – a step closer to social business.
- Stuffed Animals Sleep Over At The Library To Get Kids To Read (CUTE!!!) – Struggling libraries could taken inspiration from this fun event hosted by the Darien Library in Connecticut. An in-house slumber party for stuffed animals invited kids to see what their soft toys got up to when they were let loose in the library. The children picked up their stuffed animals the next morning and the librarians showed them some photographs taken during the night, getting the kids really excited about what happens to their toys when they were not looking.
- 5 Ways to Brand Your New YouTube Profile – Are you wondering what to do with the new YouTube look and feel?
- Tiger bread renamed giraffe bread by Sainsbury’s – Sainsbury's is renaming its tiger bread after a letter a three-year-old girl wrote to the company, saying the bread looked more like a giraffe, went viral.
No TweetBacks yet. (Be the first to Tweet this post)