The RaxList for July 8th through July 10th
10 July 2011 618 views No Comment
These are my links for July 8th through July 10th:
- LiveAndTell: The Social Network That Preserves Languages – PSFK – Embedding endangered languages in the fabric of the social web may provide a means to save them from extinction
- The social web still has a lot of room to grow – The web may be more social now than ever before — but according to a recent study, there is still a lot more room to grow.
- Are Google adding new features to Youtube in preparation for battle? – Google have been known to throw new features, widgets and buttons onto sites to try and improve the experience and they could be doing the same with Youtube in an attempt to save it from the onslaught of Facebook Video and to affirm its position as the number one video sharing platform. Their latest experiment is ‘Cosmic Panda’, which is a new TestTube experiment open to all.
- Printed Book + Physical Hyperlinks = Real Page-Turner – Try to describe a recent dream to someone and the details are likely to dissolve into absolute nonsense. Dreams themselves are ephemeral, fleeting and altogether mysterious. But trying to figure out the connections between different events in the dream and certain components of reality can prove even more confusing than the dreams themselves. This incredible project perfectly embodies the beautiful confusion that is the dreaming mind.
- Giant: Real Riders – smart take on sponsorship – Flipping the idea of professional athlete sponsorship on its head, Giant Bikes have come up with a tidy little idea around sponsoring the everyday cycling hero
- Storytelling and Social Networks: Why Twitter Beats Google Plus – Starting next week, SpongeBob SquarePants will come to Twitter with a story specially made for the micro-blogging platform. Here's the pitch from Nickelodeon: "The Ice Race Cometh: A Twitter-Tale, was conceived and developed for Twitter by the SpongeBob SquarePants writing team and will run from Tuesday, July 12, to Friday, July 15. The story will be told via multiple tweets and images throughout each day to set scenes and advance the action involving SpongeBob and his friends as they prepare for The Bikini Bottom Great Sleigh Race." Tune in, or retweet, or something.
- Will Facebook Launch A Music Service Called Vibes? [Headlines] – PSFK – "At some point in the future [Facebook] seem to be prepared to download another app called Facebook Vibes. The Vibes app connects with a music download dialog in the page though, so I’m guessing that with this release we are seeing the seeds for Facebook’s upcoming music offering."
- Really good article from The Economist on the future of news: Back to the coffee house – The internet is taking the news industry back to the conversational culture of the era before mass media
- The Future of Mobile Payments [INFOGRAPHIC] – We know that mobile payments are redefining commerce, but will our phones soon replace our wallets?
- BBC News – RoboCup for soccer-playing robots kicks off – Robot soccer stars gather for their World Cup
- Klout vs PeerIndex: An Experiment | joannejacobs.net – a great post on influence –
No TweetBacks yet. (Be the first to Tweet this post)