The RaxList for June 12th through June 13th
13 June 2011 589 views No Comment
These are my links for June 12th through June 13th:
- Social networking news is no match for Google – for the moment | Dan Sabbagh | Media | The Guardian – Sheryl Sandberg, the chief operating officer of Facebook, was in town a few weeks back, making an interesting point about the social networking site's picture uploader. Facebook didn't, she said, have the most highly featured uploading service. In essence, the social network only really offered two things to the weary surfer: you could tag your friends to pictures, in a place where you'd know they would be. In other words, what made Facebook photos a success was the social dimension – as opposed, Sandberg observed, to the algorithmic approach that has so far dominated the relatively short history of the web.
- The Really Smart Phone – WSJ.com – Researchers are harvesting a wealth of intimate detail from our cellphone data, uncovering the hidden patterns of our social lives, travels, risk of disease—even our political views.
- Advertising to Facebook Fans Improves Conversions, Says Study – The cost of converting people to sign-up for events, purchase products and register for services decreases considerably when businesses run Facebook advertisements that target existing fans, as opposed to non-fans. Registration acquisition costs can be 44% cheaper, while event sign-ups cost 33% less and purchases are 15% cheaper to achieve.
- 12 Efficient Open Source Project Management Tools – These tools do not only help you in planning, organizing and managing your resources to achieve your goals but also best in working together with your project team members or clients. Project management tools basically help you in dealing the complexity of large projects such as estimation and planning, scheduling, cost control and budget management, resource allocation, collaboration software, communication, quality management and documentation or administration systems. These tools can be used easily without the need of installing a software into your system.
- The Floating Cinema – Visit London – Free film screenings, events and performances aboard a floating cinema in East London this summer.
- How the net traps us all in our own little bubbles – An invisible revolution has taken place is the way we use the net, but the increasing personalisation of information by search engines such as Google threatens to limit our access to information and enclose us in a self-reinforcing world view, writes Eli Pariser in an extract from The Filter Bubble
- Do Nothing for 2 Minutes –
- 8 Stupid Amazon Products With Impressively Sarcastic Reviews –
- INCREDIBOX – so addictive! Beatbox 2.0! –
- 8 Ways to Improve Your Live Event With Social Media – Whether you just want to generate a bit of buzz or instead have specific goals to increase ticket sales and attract top speakers and attendees, social media can make the planning process smoother by leveraging digital word-of-mouth. Here are eight tips for best results.
- Google Experiments with Removing URLs from Search Results Listings – Google tests a new feature that replaces the URL with the site's name in search results snippets.
No TweetBacks yet. (Be the first to Tweet this post)