The RaxList for May 10th through May 12th
12 May 2011 794 views No Comment
These are my links for May 10th through May 12th:
- Blu E-Cigarettes Create A Social Network For Smokers – PSFK – blu is a company that makes electronic cigarettes, which release a nicotine-laden water vapor, eliminating tar and smoke. Their newly-developed “smart pack” contains a radio device that emits a signal and can search for other packs. If one is within 50 feet, the pack vibrates and flashes with a blue light. So people who smoke these e-cigarettes can meet up to chat, and smokers can easily find retail outlets that stock the blu cigarettes if they want more.
- Why I Don’t Like Your Brand on Facebook… – This morning my yoghurt told me to find it on Facebook. It didn’t tell me why, it just told me to find it. Why on Earth would I want to find a yoghurt on Facebook? It’s a yoghurt!
- Angry Birds on Chrome… there goes my evening of work! –
- 5 Ways Social Media Has Changed Marketing Campaigns – “Social media engagement.” It’s a phrase that generates a lot of buzz, but what does it actually mean? And, more importantly, why does it matter to companies that are integrating social media into their PR and marketing strategies?
- Police buy software to map suspects’ digital movements | UK news | The Guardian – Geotime software, bought by the Met, collates data from social networking sites, satnavs, mobiles and financial transactions
- Top 10 football teams in the world according to Facebook – If the number of Facebook fans equated to global support here are the biggest football teams in the world?
- Social Location Infographic | Jonathan MacDonald –
- How to Leave Comments on the Internet –
- Google Explains Life After the Desktop [VIDEO] – Google announced the availability of two Chromebooks — laptops based on Google’s Chrome OS — at the Google I/O conference Wednesday, but the hardware specifications of those machines are almost completely irrelevant.
- Domesday Project reborn online after 25 years – Domesday Project producer Alex Mansfield shows Rory Cellan-Jones life in the UK as recorded by the 1980s project
- Scrabble friends Facebook, innit – Aficionados of Scrabble can as of right now deploy "Facebook", "blook", "wiki", "webzine" and "inbox" without fear of their opponent calling foul, following the incorporation of the terms into the list of Collins Official Scrabble Words.
- Facebook set for display ad lead – Facebook’s large user base will make it the world’s largest online display advertising company by revenue this year, overtaking the comparable businesses of Google and Yahoo, according to analysis published on Tuesday.
- 5 Killer Social Media Tips for PR Pros – o you’ve got the social PR basics down, and you’re following and engaging with relevant media and influencers. Maybe you’ve even developed a few social media campaigns for your company or clients. What are some other ways you can give your PR efforts an added social boost?
- Facebook’s growing influence on the spread of news | Reportr.net – A Pew study provides further evidence of the growing importance of social networks as a way for people to share and recommend news stories.
- Revenge Of The Nerds [Headlines] – PSFK – “Companies and governments should not underestimate the power of hacker culture to extract revenge on institutions they feel have wronged them. Unfortunately, it looks like Sony did just that and is now dealing with the repercussions.
No TweetBacks yet. (Be the first to Tweet this post)