The RaxList for November 20th through November 28th
28 November 2010 2,860 views No Comment
These are my links for November 20th through November 28th:
- 11 Twitter & Social Media Tools To Try In 2011 | Social Media Today –
- Facebook Groups Give Rise to Social Nicheworking –
- The Best Ways to Use SEO to Get More Exposure For Your Facebook Fan Page | SEO & Social Media News, Tips And Guidelines – Facebook has become a force for Internet marketers and small businesses alike. Learning to leverage the power of Facebook marketing will enable you to reach out to a huge audience quickly and effectively
- High Court ruling implies headlines are copyright – we’re one step away from links – The UK’s High Court has ruled that news monitoring agencies will have to pay publishing companies to use their web content, effectively re-classifying headlines as separate literary works subject to copyright.
- HOW TO: Use Social Media to Enhance Your Event – Using social media to enhance events might seem like a no-brainer, but many conferences — even social media ones — fail to take full advantage of the low-hanging fruit that social platforms offer, like ways for attendees to communicate with each other, broaden their participation, share information and have fun.
- Hate PowerPoint? Here Are 5 Web-based Alternatives – Whether they're for clients, customers or colleagues, visual presentations are an unavoidable part of doing business. For years, Microsoft PowerPoint has been the standard bearer of slide presentation applications, but several Web-based alternatives have emerged.
- Social media & social networking 101: videos in plain English (Intranet diary) – A collection of videos explaining social media and social networking in plain English, /via @leelefever @commoncraft
- Foursquare Lays Down the Law on Fake Mayors – Location based social network Foursquare has quietly added a new feature that allows venue owners to revoke the mayorship of users they believe have won their titles illegitimately.
- Next iPad likely to get a new screen, front-facing camera; USB port… not so likely — Engadget – New rumors are swirling about the iPad 2, and they're a bit of a grab bag.
- Journalist blogging and commenting guidelines – an interesting read! – Best practice for journalists blogging and/or responding to comments on guardian.co.uk
- 500 Internal Server Error – 500 Internal Server Error
- Christmas Tree Virus Hoax Spreads on Facebook [WARNING] – There’s a new message spreading quickly on Facebook users’ walls, warning people about an application called “Christmas Tree.” The message is fake to our knowledge. No Internet security firm has issued a threat warning about such an application.
- Waitrose hopes for festive boost with social media campaign – Supermarket chain Waitrose is launching a new social media campaign including its first ever Facebook app, which features celebrity chef Heston Blumenthal.
- LinkedIn ‘as important as a website’ by 2012 – B2B Marketing News – Company pages on LinkedIn will be ‘as important a website' by the end of next year, according to Heather Baker, director of PR at B2B PR and social media agency TopLine Communications.
- The Growth of Bartering Network OurGoods – PSFK –
No TweetBacks yet. (Be the first to Tweet this post)