The RaxList for August 31st
31 August 2010 857 views One Comment
These are my links for August 31st from 14:35 to 17:26:
- Diaspora, the ‘anti-Facebook’, is doomed – Telegraph – It's too late to start a Facebook rival, argues Milo Yiannopoulos
- Foursquare and MTV Team up for First-Ever Cause-Related Badge: STD Testing – “STD testing center” seems like number three on a list of “Embarrassing Places to Check in on Foursquare,” but this September, MTV and the geo-location service are aiming to quash that stigma by offering a badge to all those who get tested as part of MTV’s GYT: Get Yourself Tested campaign.
- Google Maps Mania: New York’s Worst Landlords Mapped – New York's Public Advocate Bill de Blasio has launched a campaign, called Watchlist, to identify, track, and hold accountable New York City’s most irresponsible landlords. The campaign includes a searchable database and a Google Map of landlords' outstanding housing code violations identified by the New York City Department of Housing Preservation and Development.
- Buy Together, Donate Together: Startup Combines Social Shopping & Charitable Donations – Endorse for a Cause is a platform where individuals can donate money to their favorite charities. EFAC allows users to shop online for their favorite products and push brand recommendations out to their social graph. When your friends make purchases based on your recommendations, EFAC gets a portion of that sale and your favorite charity gets paid.
- The strange virtual world of 4chan – listen to the interview: –
No TweetBacks yet. (Be the first to Tweet this post)