The RaxList for July 12th
12 July 2010 1,044 views No Comment
These are my links for July 12th from 11:18 to 14:57:
- ReputationOnline: Event-based mobile apps yet to reach their true potential – This summer has seen brands take unprecedented steps to employ mobile as part of their event-based marketing in a trend that will leave advocates of the channel justifiably smug.
- More on the blog wars – the statistical evidence – UKOM/Nielsen data for unique visitors shows that WordPress, Blogger and Typepad have seen little audience growth in the past two years while Tumblr, Posterous et al have grown exponentially.
- How ‘Real’ Media Misses the Point In Social Media – The recent firings of two people skilled at their craft should be a wake up sign that mainstream media still has a long way to go. Big media won’t be ready for on-the-edge blogging until they get over their God complex, support dissent and get comfortable showing who they are.
- The Force that Powers Persuasive Content (And 3 Ways to Intensify It) – If you want to engage and influence, connect emotionally and then justify logically.
- Google Coupons Continue Their Rise From the Dead – Since their inception, Google Coupons have been invisible to most searchers and offered little value to the SMB.
- GlowDart Turns Your Monitor into a 10-Foot Display News Ticker – If you're looking for a way to set your monitor or computer-connected television to roll through current headlines from major news outlets—or your personal Facebook/Twitter feed—GlowDart is an easy to read full-screen news ticker.
- Mobile technologies and location-aware social networking – International strategy consultancy PTOLEMUS Consulting Group has published its first European Location Study 2010 to highlight the grounds for the industry's phenomenal growth.
- The Hybrid Theory Manifesto: The Future of Marketing, Advertising, and Communications Part One – The fusion of creative and communications, combining earned and paid media to enliven ideas, unite communities, amplify stories and spark desired outcomes.
- Why social gaming offers new opportunities for consumer engagement – Marketing News | OMD International | UTalkMarketing – The combination of iPhone and people seeking cheap, escapist gaming fixes during the downturn has seen social gaming reach hundreds of millions of consumers globally. No surprise then that social gaming was named by Brandweek as one of the Top 10 digital trends to watch in 2010.
- Alun Michael MP: ‘The internet is not just for geeks and bright people – it’s a resource for all’ – Keith Phillip Jones speaks to Alun Michael MP about the internet, journalism and being back in parliament
- Facebook Says Doll With Nipples Is OK – FACEBOOK has said sorry to a Sydney jeweller for censoring her images of a nude porcelain doll posing with her works.
No TweetBacks yet. (Be the first to Tweet this post)